Sunday, March 28, 2010

In the homestretch!

So, we are THIS CLOSE to having our little girl on the outside world with us!  Here's an update of the past week:


Chris and I went on Thursday for our weekly appointment.  We started out with the normal weight check (ugh), urine sample, blood pressure check, and non stress test.  Let's just say the non stress test may have been where everything  began to get a little crazy.  The medical assistant had a hard time finding the baby's heartbeat with the non stress test machine thing (I'm pretty sure I could've found it quicker than her).  Then she finally found the heartbeat but couldn't get the monitor to stop sliding off of my belly (again I think I could've done a better job). 
Anyway, we finally began the non stress test.  The medical assistant came in to tell us that the doctor I was supposed to be seeing (my doctor was on vacation) was called to deliver a baby.  She asked if I was ok to see another doctor...ok sure fine whatever was my reaction.  So, again, I am hooked up to the non stress test when the medical assistant comes in AGAIN, and looks at t he non stress test results.  She says she isn't real sure what to think of them (the baby wasn't moving as much as she should've of however, I was also hungry and thirsty and it was at a time of day that she is always less active).  She decides she needs another MA's opinion.  After the second MA comes in, it is decided that not enough activity has been shown so they "buzz" Kaylyn which let me tell youo did not make her a happy camper.  She did begin to move though.  MA leaves then comes in a few minutes later and this time informs me that the new doctor I am supposed to see was called to help the first doctor deliver because 3 people were in labor.  So basically I had to stay strapped up to the test until a doctor came back to check everything out. 


WELL, the second doctor finally comes back to the office and comes in to check the results of the non stress test.  He decides that the test looks ok to him, however, he is not happy with my blood pressure and the swelling that I have in my feet, ankles, and legs.  SO, we take my blood pressure again.  This time, it is even higher than the first time.  Doctor comes in and decides to do the old school method and puts the cuff on my arm and uses the hand held pump to find my blood pressure...again it is higher.  HELLO, I've been in the office for an hour and a half at least, you've come in how many times to let me know that I am not seeing the doctor I thought I was, that the next doctor is also out of the office, and I have been strapped to a test which becomes more uncomfortable by the second and you wonder why my blood pressure is elevated????


Doctor decides that I need to head over to labor and delivery so they can continue to monitor the baby with the non stress test and to keep an eye on my blood pressure.  Chris and I head over to Labor and Delivery and are taken into the Triage room.  Thankfully when we got in there, my blood pressure went back to normal and the non stress test showed plenty of movement from Kaylyn.  After being monitored for about another hour, Chris and I were finally allowed to go home.  THANK GOODNESS!!!!!


So now here we are...tomorrow is another doctor's appointment (thankfully this time with my regular doctor!).  As of this second, Chris and I will head back to Labor and Delivery on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. to start the induction process.  Kaylyn should arrive at some point on April 1st (yes, I know it's April Fool's Day).  We absolutely cannot wait to meet our little girl.  She has been such a blessing already and I just cannot wait to hold her finally.


Again, another appointment tomorrow.  More later, until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment